Wednesday 4 April 2018

Clare Grogan Supporting Bowel Cancer Fundraising Book


I met up with the brilliant Clare Grogan back in 2014 after she agreed to be in the Lives & Times bowel cancer fundraising book. She was performing an Altered Images set at Let's Rock on a very hot summer's day in Southampton. The day turned out to be quite eventful, as for starters the chapter in the book describes how I managed to get myself thrown out of the press pit whilst photographing Clare and the band. After Clare came off stage I took a very special shot backstage after having had a chat with her. Clare's husband Stephen has had bowel cancer, and it was fascinating talking to her about our own experiences of having a family member with bowel cancer. Here's a photo I took during her performance that's not in the book.

Sadly, since meeting Clare, my Mum passed peacefully away in August 2016. Throughout her illness she was courageous and dignified, and continued to enjoy life right up until the end. The book has raised over £3750 for Beating Bowel Cancer / Bowel Cancer UK, who recently joined together to become the UK's leading bowel cancer charity.