Thursday 12 April 2018

April is Bowel Cancer Awareness Month - Day 12 Meeting Billy Ocean


Last year I met up with Billy Ocean in Oxford on his UK tour. He gave me a few minutes after the show to have a chat, and photograph him for the new fundraising book. He was a lovely man, interested in what I was doing, and revealed a very interesting first song. The book, which will be called The Record is coming along well, and I am hoping to be somewhere close to having it finished by the end of this year.

The concert was great, although I have to concede not the usual kind of stuff I go to see. However, to see him sing his classic hit 'Red Light Spells Danger' was worth the ticket price alone - it's definitely one of my desert island tracks.. I must have been the only person there wearing an Alarm t-shirt and a Frank Turner hoodie!

It's now 18 months since Mum passed away. All my fundraising is being done in her memory, and all proceeds raised from sales of the forthcoming book will be donated to Bowel Cancer UK / Beating Bowel Cancer. As well as raising funds the book will hopefully help to raise awareness about this awful disease. Please check out my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website for all the items that I am selling to raise funds for the charity.