Monday 23 April 2018

April is Bowel Cancer Awareness Month - Day 23 To Do A Parachute Jump Or Not?


On my Facebook page a couple of weeks ago I mentioned the idea of doing a parachute jump to raise funds for Bowel Cancer UK / Beating Bowel Cancer. The charity is organising a jump on July 14th, and I had quite a few people offering encouragement and offers to sponsor me, which was lovely.

Yet I am still undecided... I know that it would be a great way to raise money, and it's something that 1000s do every year for many good causes. The problem I have is a genuine, and massive fear of heights. Even looking at the photo makes me feel a bit uneasy. I don't like leaning out of upstairs windows, going up ladders, and when I once went up The Eiffel Tower I was relieved that the top platform was closed! Basically looking down from any height gets me and I fear I will fall. I know there are many others whose fear of heights will be much worse than mine, but I really don't know how on earth I could physically get to the edge of the plane and jump out! So for the time being it's still an idea in progress although how I overcome my fears I am not too sure... All ideas welcome.