Tuesday 17 April 2018

April is Bowel Cancer Awareness Month - Day 17 Friendships


I think Helen must have been one of the very first people who I met on social media through my fundraising, which goes back to 2012. Helen has had bowel cancer, and I think she has pretty much bought everything that I have for sale on my bowelcancerfundraising website

We live at opposite ends of the country, about 150 miles apart, so we've not managed to meet up in person. I'm very pleased to reveal that this will soon change, as Helen is going to be part of the new fundraising book I am doing. It will be fascinating talking to her about her life, and her own cancer experience.

Helen is the first person to send me a photo of the Stop Bowel Cancer T-Shirt in the recently added sunflower yellow colour, and she is also sporting one of the lovely new Stop Bowel Cancer Wristbands. The t-shirts are £8 and the wristbands are just £1! The proceeds raised from sales of all the items on the website are donated to Beating Bowel / Bowel Cancer UK, the UK's leading bowel cancer charity.

I value the friendships I've made, and continue to make within the cancer community, and they have certainly helped me through some of the more difficult moments, especially with losing Mum to bowel cancer in 2016.