Sunday 22 April 2018

April is Bowel Cancer Awareness Month - Day 22 Fundraising Edging Towards £4000

During bowel cancer awareness month my fundraising is edging ever closer towards £4000. The support over the last two and a half years has been incredible, and even though the new book is still some way from being completed, I think that there is still plenty of scope for raising funds, most of which is done through sales on my own website www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk. Here are some the items that are helping to raise funds

Paperback and hardback editions of Lives & Times.


The limited edition silk screen print created and donated by Adam Green. I have one of these hanging on my wall, and it's superb.


Stop Bowel Cancer t-shirts - a recent edition to the online store, which are already selling well in a variety of colours, and only cost £8.



Deluxe or standard portrait photography sessions.


STOP Bowel Cancer wristbands - The latest addition to the website, and only cost £1


Bowel cancer is the second highest cancer killer in the UK with 16,000 people losing their lives to it each year. However, if diagnosed at an early stage, it can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases. Raising awareness about bowel cancer is key, as is increasing early detection rates. All proceeds raised from my fundraising are donated to Beating Bowel Cancer / Bowel Cancer UK. I have been fundraising for over 5 years now since my Mum had her first operation in 2012. Sadly she lost her battle with bowel cancer in 2016, but the fundraising continues in her memory.