Friday 27 April 2018

April is Bowel Cancer Awareness Month - Day 27 I am Doing The Big Jump For Bowel Cancer UK


Today I can reveal that I have booked up to do The Big Jump for Bowel Cancer UK. I will be doing a tandem skydive from 10,000 feet on July 14th at Brackley aiming to raise as much money as possible for Bowel Cancer UK. 

Now if I am honest this the last thing that I want to do. I am petrified of heights, so there is nothing appealing about doing this, except the fundraising aspect. Going up a ladder is not something I enjoy. The middle tier was a struggle, and any kind of cable car will have me holding on tight. I have been to Sydney 4 times, and not once got close to attempting the bridge climb. So this really is a huge challenge for me, I will probably have to be forced onto the plane!

I have been thinking long and hard about doing this for a few weeks, and having seen all the wonderful work by bowel cancer supporters during bowel cancer awareness month, I've decided to bite the bullet. At the end of the day 41,000 people are diagnosed with bowel cancer each year in the UK, and what they have to go through puts my worries about jumping out of a plane into perspective. So please if you could sponsor me I would be very grateful.


or Text GEUU71 £? to 70070