Wednesday 2 May 2018

Photographing Frank Turner for The Record

Last night I attended Fran Turner's show number 2163 in Southampton at the sold out Guildhall. I was very kindly given a photo pass, and spent the first three songs snapping away. So this completes the photography for the chapter in the forthcoming bowel cancer fundraising book, The Record, which I began when I met Frank before his gig in Reading in 2016. I can't thank Frank enough for his support and giving me such a unique opportunity to put such a great chapter together on him.

Once I had finished with my camera, I went back into the audience to enjoy the gig. It was another stunning show. I am fairly new to the Frank Turner party, and this was just my third time seeing him live. Each gig has been amazing, and the crowd in Southampton last night really were terrific and on great form. His 7th studio album, Be More Kind, comes out on Friday, and the new songs were very well received last night alongside all the classics, and Frank is now at the start of a very long period of promoting the album, which will hopefully be a massive success for him. He is definitely one of the good guys.

In other fundraising news I have now been sponsored £545 for my charity tandem skydive for Bowel Cancer UK in memory of my mum in July. So I'm already over half way towards reaching the £1000 target after less than a week. The thought of jumping out of a plane terrifies me, but 41,000 are diagnosed with bowel cancer each year, and I think that a few minutes of terror is pretty insignificant compared to what these people have to go through. Please take a look at my justgiving page to find out more.