Sunday 20 May 2018

Skydive Sponsorship Target Smashes 100%


Just three weeks ago I signed up for the charity tandem skydive this July to raise funds for Bowel Cancer UK in memory of Mum who passed away in 2016 from bowel cancer. The response has been staggering, and has now smashed the £1000 target I set for the challenge. I'd like to thank everyone who has sponsored me so far, it has really touched me how friends, old and new, have been so bloody wonderful! Thank you so so much!

There are still almost two months to go until "The Big Jump", so I would love for the figure to keep rising, and to raise as much money as possible. So please visit my sponsorship page https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tims-bigjump and support me if you can. I am genuinely petrified about doing this, and I have no idea how I am going to physically "jump" out of a plane, but this tremendous support is giving me the motivation to face this challenge head on.

Bowel cancer is the second highest cancer killer in the UK. If detected early it can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases. However, just 15% of cases are detected at that early stage at the moment. Raising awareness is vital, and improving early detection rates is a massive challenge. The aim of Bowel Cancer UK / Beating Bowel Cancer is that by 2050 no-one will die of bowel cancer..