Sunday 3 June 2018

Time To Focus on The New Book


I am going to spend the next few months focussing, and putting my efforts into getting the new book finished. It's been an incredible year so far, and the support I've been getting for my fundraising has been phenomenal. However, I think I have been pushing the fundraising pretty hard, possibly a little too hard at times, and I don't want to risk losing the goodwill of everyone. It's something that I have been thinking about for a while. The new book is hopefully going to be near completion towards the end of the year, and I would like people to look forward to it, rather any feeling of obligation... So the time has come to prioritize the book, and give you generous souls a bit of a break. 

Everything I am selling to raise funds for Beating Bowel Cancer / Bowel Cancer UK will remain available on the www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website, which thanks to all the wonderful support has raised over £4000 so far. 

The new book, The Record, has been making steady progress, and the challenge now is to try and tie down the remaining people, who have said yes to being in it, to a date for meeting up. This is of course, not just a challenge, but also very much part of the story. So over the coming months the updates will focus on what is happening with the book. I am still determined not to put myself under any time constraints, and to continue to enjoy the whole experience. So although I am hoping it will be finished around the end of the year, this is no by no means set in stone.

However, there is one exception to the rule... On July 14th I am doing the charity tandem skydive, and I will continue to ask for sponsorship for this. The support for this terrifying adventure has been unbelievable with £1280 donated so far on my justgiving page. So please excuse me for posts on this over the next 6 weeks or so...