Friday 29 June 2018

Meeting Rick Witter From Shed Seven for Bowel Cancer Charity Book


Another great chapter for the bowel cancer fundraising book I am putting together, as yesterday I went to meet Rick Witter, lead singer with Shed Seven, before the band's sold out gig at the Northampton Roadmender. 

I'd made contact with Rick a few months ago, and the Northampton gig was the perfect opportunity to meet up. I thought I'd committed a schoolboy error as the date clashed with the England v Belgium World Cup match, but instead of having a support band, the game was shown on big screens in the venue. 

The gig was utterly brilliant, which more than made up for the football score. As you can see Rick was a great sport wearing the bowel cancer tie to help raise awareness about this awful disease. My mum died from bowel cancer in 2016, and all proceeds raised from the forthcoming book will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer / Bowel Cancer UK. The book will be called, The Record, and everyone in it is revealing the first record that they bought to me. And Rick's first record is a belter! For each chapter I write up about the experience, and Rick was a really top man, and probably the coolest person I've met on my adventure so far. The book will hopefully be published next year.