Sunday 17 June 2018

Bowel Cancer Skydive Countdown


It's now less than four weeks until I do the charity tandem skydive to raise funds for Bowel Cancer UK. The support so far has been absolutely incredible, currently standing at £1300. I can't thank everyone enough, and it would be fantastic to get this figure even higher. Sponsoring me is very quick, and easy at my justgiving page

I've made no secret at my fear of heights, I am absolutely petrified. On my recent trip to New York I went up The Empire State Building. It was one of the most scary things I've ever done, but one little bit of training for the jump. Don't be fooled by the smile in the photo I was hanging on for dear life!


Mum passed away in 2016 after living with bowel cancer for four and a half years. This jump is being done in her memory raising vital funds for Bowel Cancer UK, and also to raise awareness about this awful disease, which is the second highest cancer killer in the UK. However, if detected early, it can be successfully treated in 93% of cases. The problem is that only 15% of patients are diagnosed at the early stage 1, so much more work needs to be done to improve this.

Set the date. Saturday July 14th. Tim's charity bowel cancer skydive!