Tuesday 12 June 2018

Meeting Jacquie Beltrao at Sky HQ


The latest meeting for the new bowel cancer fundraising book was with Jacquie Beltrao, who is a sports presenter on Sky News. We met at the state of the art Sky Central building in Isleworth, which was mightily impressive. Jacquie has worked at Sky since 1992, and it was fascinating talking to her about all kinds of things. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of 2013, and thankfully has come through that, but of course she still has regular scans. I was very grateful for Jacquie's support, and I know she spends a lot of time working with breast cancer charities. I have to say that Jacquie's first record is an absolute belter! This will be a great chapter to write up.

The new book, called The Record, will hopefully be published within the next 12 months. I am raising funds for Beating Bowel Cancer / Bowel Cancer UK in memory of my mum who passed away in 2016 from bowel cancer after being diagnosed in 2012. Bowel cancer is the second highest cancer killer in the UK, but if detected at an early stage it can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases. Unfortunately at the moment just 15% of diagnosed cases are caught early, so raising awareness is vital. The new book will be available on my www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk website, which has raised over £4000 so far. And next up for me in terms of fundraising is my charity tandem skydive in July.