Sunday 23 September 2018

Photographing Gregg Wallace For Bowel Cancer Charity Book


Television presenter Gregg Wallace is the latest person that I have photographed for The Record, my forthcoming charity book that will raise funds for Bowel Cancer UK. I met him before his one man show at the Norden Farm Arts Centre in Maidenhead, which is the road where my mum and dad lived all their married lives and where I grew up. Although he arrived a little late at the venue for our meeting, he was still happy to give me as much time as I wanted, and he couldn't have been more helpful. His first record that will be revealed in the book is a cracker! 

My mum died from bowel cancer in 2016, and all proceeds raised from sales of the book will be donated to Bowel Cancer UK. 41,000 people are diagnosed with bowel cancer in the UK each year, and 16,000 people die making it the second highest cancer killer. However, if detected at the early stage 1, patients have a 93% chance of living for five years or more. This figure falls to just 7% when diagnosed at the late stage 4. At the moment just 15% of cases are detected at stage 1, so improving early detection rates is crucial to reducing the number of deaths. Bowel Cancer UK is doing some amazing work driving this process forward, and I am proud to be raising funds for them, and making my own small contribution to raising awareness. Please check out my ETSY store where all my fundraising items are available.