Wednesday 12 September 2018

Photographing Amy Macdonald


I was given the wonderful opportunity to photograph Amy Macdonald last year for the forthcoming bowel cancer charity book, The Record. She very kindly agreed to me being given a photo pass for her concert at GLive in Guildford. It was an amazing experience, and I literally had to kneel in front of the stage to take the photos. The concert was terrific with Amy playing a stripped back set with her three-piece band. I love this photo, which I edited using a low-key effect, but it won't be the one I use in the book, where I will reveal the first record that Amy bought. She has a Best Of album coming out in November, and a UK tour in 2019, so exciting times for her.

The new book is in its final stages now, and I am aiming to finish the photography and meeting by the end of this year with a view to publishing in the first part of 2019. It is is the follow up to my 2015 book, Lives & Times, which has so far raised over £4000. All funds raised will be donated to Bowel Cancer UK (Beating Bowel Cancer Together) in memory of my mum who died in August 2016 after being diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2012. This awful disease is the second highest cancer killer in the UK, but if detected early it is treatable in over 90% of cases. So apart from raising funds, the book will help to raise awareness about bowel cancer, which is vital to improving early detection rates.

Please check out my ETSY store. where all the proceeds raised from sales of items sold are donated to the Bowel Cancer UK.