Monday 26 March 2018

Meeting Lucy Porter for The Record - A Fundraising Book For Bowel Cancer


Last weekend I got to meet comedian Lucy Porter shortly before her gig at Norden Farm in Maidenhead, which is located in the road where my parents lived for almost 50 years, and where I grew up. This came together very quickly, as I'd only made contact with Lucy just a week or so earlier. She couldn't have been nicer, and as well as spending some time chatting with me, and doing some photos, Lucy also organised me a ticket for the show. It was very entertaining evening, and I'd highly recommend seeing Lucy live. In the forthcoming book I will reveal Lucy's first record she bought, which is an absolute belter!

The Record is being written in memory of my Mum who had bowel cancer, and passed away in August 2016. All proceeds raised will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer / Bowel Cancer UK, the UK's leading bowel cancer charity. Bowel cancer is the second highest cancer killer in the UK claiming 16,000 lives each year. However, if detected early it can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases. Much more needs to be done to raise bowel cancer awareness, and improve early detection rates to give patients a better chance of survival.

Please check out www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk for everything I am doing to raise funds for the charity.